Cathay Pacific introduces Cathay Care for wellbeing of passengers
Contactless check-in and boarding
Cathay Pacific is striving to minimise contact during check-in and boarding.
- Online check-in and self-service facilities
- Physical distancing and screens
- Health declaration upon check-in
- Automatic and biometric gates at boarding (available in selected ports). E-boarding coming soon to Hong Kong.
Wait with confidence
You can relax in the CX lounges
- All passengers have been temperature checked
- All staff and passengers are required to wear face coverings
- Adjusted meal services to reduce contact
Prioritising you on board
Every measure has been taken to reduce your contact and safeguard your health.
- Mandatory face coverings throughout the flight
- All passengers are temperature checked
- Blocking off seats wherever possible
A clean travel environment
Cathay Pacific has ramped up its sanitisation and service flow to ensure you're protected in the air.
- Thorough sanitisation of all surfaces – from in-flight screens to air conditioning controls – between every flight
- A modified meal service designed to reduce contact with crew
- Temporary suspension of the pre-meal bar and pre-poured drinks (drinks will still be available throughout the flight)
HEPA filtered cabin air
Cathay Pacific's HEPA filter and air circulation technology ensures the highest possible quality of air.
- Removes 99.999 per cent of airborne contaminants
- Recirculates air every two minutes
- Offers a similar level of performance to those used to keep the air clean in hospital operating rooms and industrial clean rooms
The cabin crew
The CX crew follows detailed safety procedures to protect the wellbeing of everyone onboard.
- Masks, gloves and goggles provided for all crew
- Strict layover guidelines including no contact with the local community and close medical surveillance